Bee Smart Montessori Parent’s Checklist
- Talk to your child about Montessori school at least two weeks in advanced.
- Arrange for your child to meet his/her teacher a week or two before their first day of school.
- During the week before your child attends Montessori, say positive things about school.
- The day before, remind your child that school starts tomorrow.
- On the first day of school, allow for plenty of time for your child to get ready. Do not rush.
- Leave all of your child’s toys at home.
- Reassure your child that you will come back later. Promptly return to pick up your child at home time.
- Inform the teacher if your child has any unusual problems or allergies.
- Take time at the end of the day to talk over their experience.
What if my child is sick?
Please do not bring your child to the Montessori if he/she has any of the following symptoms:
• Eye discharge
• Head lice
• An illness or infection treated with antibiotics within the last 48 hours
• Chicken pox
• Scarlet fever